So I might be a little biased ... BUT for my blog about traveling I want to talk about the most amazing state in America (once again...bias) let’s get a drum roll... COLORADO!
I’ve lived in Colorado since I was about 3 years old... basically my whole life and I couldn't ask for a better upbringing! Colorado is one of those places that makes you feel right at home. I could go on for days about it but here are a couple of things that I love about Colorado.
1. The Mile High City - Denver: This city is unlike any other city and it's not just because it is a mile about sea level. So many people that have come to visit me have observed and commented about how clean down town Denver is. We Coloradans take a lot of pride in how clean we keep our city. Not only that, the well-known "16th Street Mall" is a great place to go for shopping and to see what Downtown Denver has to offer. I went on a lot of dates here and this is PRIME dating spot.
2. The sports: This is a shout-out to all of you sports fans... I LOVE SPORTS. There is really nothing else to say about that. But what I can say is that we have Pro Hockey, Football, Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, and Lacrosse teams. A lot of states can't say they have all these sports. And do you want to know something else? A lot of our teams are good.. I mean, come on... we have Peyton Manning on the Broncos and have a shot at the Super Bowl. Can you ask for anything more? I don't think so.
3. Boulder: This city deserves its’ own little description. It is a place unlike any other in the whole world. From hippies to well... hippies... this is the place to go to find "Peace and Love." Also, it’s one of the best places for Rock Climbing and hiking or just enjoying the nice and chill people.
4. The Mountains: Yes... we live near the Rocky Mountains. No matter where you are in Colorado you can look at the elegance of their silhouette and admire how beautiful they are. They make the best sunrises and sunsets, too. I know that I have never encountered prettier mountains than those in Colorado.
5. Last but not least- The PEOPLE: Coloradans are probably the nicest people I have ever met. They are willing to help, they understand what true beauty is, and they are active. Do you know why they are so happy? It's because they live in the best state in the world!
Those are just a few of the things I love about the state. And, as I reminisce about my childhood, I realize that living in Colorado has shaped who I am. It’s helped me to admire nature and its beauty and encounter great friends that I will have forever. And, it gave me a safe childhood because Colorado likes to keep its people safe. I love Colorado and I encourage every single one of you that reads this to visit one day. You won't regret it... I promise you that!
From the desk of Londyn Clawson, a producer for Travelling with Eric Dowdle on BYU Radio.